Prescribe ENTRESTO first-line as recommended by the following national guidelines:1–4
CaReMe UK heart failure algorithm*1 recommends treatment with sacubitril/valsartan or ACEi or ARBs + beta blocker and an MRA as first-line treatment for chronic HFrEF patients
The 2021 ACC ECDP Update recommends ARNI in place of an ACEi/ARB as a first-line treatment for all appropriate HFrEF patients3
Sacubitril/valsartan is recommended as part of SoC for chronic HFrEF by the Welsh HF Expert Reference Group 20212
Sacubitril/valsartan is recommended as RAASi of choice when LVEF is <40% by Heart Failure Hub Scotland guidelines4
Delve further into the CareMe UK Partnership algorithm for optimisation of chronic HFrEF patients and first-line use of sacubitril/valsartan1
Reduce the risk of death by starting with ENTRESTO and adding therapies subsequently5
Prescribing ENTRESTO as first choice helps to protect more moments that matter for patients and their loved ones.6,7
In HFrEF patients, drug combinations were more effective in reducing all-cause mortality than the same drugs administered individually.5,8
ENTRESTO is indicated in adult patients for the treatment of symptomatic chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.9
* CaReMe UK Partnership is a collaboration between the British Cardiovascular Society, the Renal Association, the Association of British Clinical Diabetologists, the Primary Care Cardiovascular Society and the Primary Care Diabetes Society.
† ENTRESTO contains valsartan, and therefore should not be co-administered with another ARB-containing product. Stop using an ACE inhibitor for 36 hours before starting ENTRESTO.9
ACC, American College of Cardiology; ACEi, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor; ARB, angiotensin receptor blocker; ARNI, angiotensin receptor neprilysin inhibitor; CaReMe UK, Cardio-Renal-Metabolic Partnership UK; ECDP, Expert Consensus Decision Pathway; HF, heart failure; HFrEF, heart failure with reduced ejection fraction; LVEF, left ventricular ejection fraction; MRA, mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist; RAASi, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system inhibitor; SGLT2i, sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitor; SoC, standard of care.
- CaReMe UK Partnership HF algorithm. Available at: https://www.britishcardiovascularsociety.org/__data/assets/powerpoint_do.... (Accessed September 2021).
- Welsh HF Expert Reference Group 2021. HF in Wales in 2021 – a Parallel Approach.
- Maddox TM, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol 2021;77(6):772–810.
- Heart Failure Hub Scotland guidelines. Available at: https://www.heartfailurehubscotland.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/NHS.... (Accessed September 2021).
- Bassi NS, et al. JAMA Cardiol 2020;5(8):948–951.
- Chandra A, et al. JAMA Cardiol 2018;3(6):498–505.
- Lewis EF, et al. Circ Heart Fail 2017;10(8):e003430.
- Burnett H, et al. Circ Heart Fail 2017;10(1):e003529.
- ENTRESTO Summary of Product Characteristics. Electronic medicines compendium website, UK. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7751/smpc. (Accessed September 2021).
- Enalapril Summary of Product Characteristics. Electronic medicines compendium website, UK. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6105/smpc. (Accessed September 2021).