What is Sandostatin® LAR® (octreotide acetate) used for?
SANDOSTATIN LAR is indicated for the treatment of:
- Patients with symptoms associated with functional gastro-entero-pancreatic endocrine tumours (e.g. carcinoid tumours with features of the carcinoid syndrome) or patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumours of the midgut or of unknown primary origin where non-midgut sites of origin have been excluded.1
- Patients with acromegaly in whom surgery is inappropriate or ineffective, or in the interim period until radiotherapy becomes fully effective.1
- Patients with TSH-secreting pituitary adenomas:1
- when secretion has not normalised after surgery and/or radiotherapy;
- in patients in whom surgery is inappropriate;
- in irradiated patients, until radiotherapy is effective.
Resources for you:
Reconstitution and preparation of SANDOSTATIN LAR
A guide for HCPs on how to prepare and administer SANDOSTATIN LAR.
How to administer and prepare SANDOSTATIN LAR
A step-by-step video on how to prepare and administer SANDOSTATIN LAR.
Resources for your patients:
Your guide to SANDOSTATIN LAR
A guide for patients prescribed SANDOSTATIN LAR to help them understand the treatment options they may be offered.
- SANDOSTATIN® LAR® Summary of Product Characteristics.