The first and only fully human targeted IL-17A inhibitor:1
Cosentyx patients treated since launch2*
as a first-line biologic for patients with PsO, with or without PsA3
from BADBIR, one of the largest national psoriasis registers in the world4
Helping your patients LOOK BETTER, MOVE BETTER, FEEL BETTER5–10
*Worldwide, across all licensed indications.2
†n=264/334. CLEAR study: Efficacy data reported as non-responder imputation, in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis. Primary endpoint was met: Superiority of secukinumab to ustekinumab in achieving PASI 90 response at week 16 in overall patient population (P<0.0001).7
‡50% reduction in mean PASI as early as week 3.6 n=323. FIXTURE study. Coprimary endpoints were met: Superiority of secukinumab to placebo in PASI 75 and a modified IGA score 0/1 at week 12 (both P<0.001).6
**n=122. Patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, who completed 52 weeks of the SCULPTURE study, could enter this extension study, which was double-blind until year 3, and thereafter was unblinded to year 5. Efficacy data were reported as observed; no P values were reported.5
§In PsA patients who have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis and/or are anti-TNF inadequate responders, the recommended dose of Cosentyx is 300 mg; in all other PsA patients the recommended initial dose is 150 mg – this may be increased to 300 mg based on clinical response.1
††n=53/74. FUTURE 1: Primary endpoint was met: ACR 20 response at week 24, in overall patient population (P<0.001).13 Those patients who completed the 2-year core trial entered the 3-year extension study (N=236). Efficacy data were reported as observed.8
ACR, American College of Rheumatology criteria; AS, ankylosing spondylitis; BAD, British Association of Dermatologists; BADBIR, British Association of Dermatologists Biologic and Immunomodulators Register; CRP, C-reactive protein; DMARD, disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug; IGA, investigator’s global assessment; IL, interleukin; MRI, magnetic resonance imaging; MTX, methotrexate; PASI, psoriasis area severity index; PsA, psoriatic arthritis; PsO, plaque psoriasis; QoL, quality of life; TNF, tumour necrosis factor alpha.
- Cosentyx Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 245.
- Smith CH et al. Br J Dermatol 2020; doi:10.1111/bjd.19039.
- Yiu et al. Br J Dermatol 2020; doi:10.1111/bjd.18981.
- Bissonnette R et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2018;32:1507–1514.
- Langley RG et al. N Engl J Med 2014;371(4):326–338.
- Thaci D et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2015;7(3):400–409.
- Blauvelt A et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2017;76(1):60–69.
- Mease PJ et al. ACR Open Rheumatology 2020;2(1):18–25.
- Baraliakos X et al. RMD Open 2019;5(2):e001005.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 215.
- Mease P et al. Ann Rheum Dis 2018;77(6);890–897.
- Mease PJ et al. N Engl J Med 2015;373(14):1329–1339.