ENTRESTO is indicated in adult patients for the treatment of symptomatic chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.1,2
Prescribe ENTRESTO® to act directly on the heart and help improve cardiac function for your chronic HFrEF patients3
Watch the mechanism of action video below to gain a deeper understanding of ENTRESTO’s complementary actions1,2
Summary of the safety profile
The most commonly reported adverse events (AEs) during treatment with ENTRESTO were hypotension (17.6%), hyperkalaemia (11.6%) and renal impairment (10.1%). Angioedema was reported in patients treated with sacubitril/valsartan (0.5%).1,2
Anaemia, hypokalaemia, hypoglycaemia, dizziness, headache, syncope, vertigo, orthostatic hypotension, cough, diarrhoea, nausea, gastritis, renal failure (renal failure, acute renal failure), fatigue, asthenia.1,2
Very common AE:
Hyperkalaemia, hypotension, renal impairment.1,2
Adverse reactions are ranked by System organ class and then by frequency with the most frequent first, using the following convention: very common (≥1/10); common (≥1/100 to <1/10); uncommon (≥1/1,000 to <1/100); rare (≥1/10,000 to <1/1,000); very rare (<1/10,000).
ACEi, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor; AE, adverse event; ARB, angiotensin receptor blocker; ARNI, angiotensin receptor neprilysin inhibitor; HFrEF, heart failure with reduced ejection fraction; RAAS, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system.
- ENTRESTO Summary of Product Characteristics. Electronic medicines compendium website, GB. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7751/smpc. (Accessed May 2023).
- ENTRESTO Summary of Product Characteristics. Electronic medicines compendium website, NI. Available at: https://www.emcmedicines.com/en-gb/northernireland/medicine?id=a1393009-... (Accessed May 2023).
- Januzzi JL Jr, et al. JAMA 2019;322(11):1085–1095.
- Desai AS, et al. JAMA 2019;322(11):1077–1084.
- Wang Y, et al. J Am Heart Assoc 2019;8(13):e012272.