This site contains information for healthcare professionals about ILARIS.
ILARIS is indicated for the treatment of the following autoinflammatory periodic fever syndromes in adults, adolescents and children aged 2 years and older1:
Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes (CAPS), including:
- Muckle-Wells syndrome (MWS)
- Neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID)/chronic infantile neurological, cutaneous, articular syndrome (CINCA)
- Severe forms of familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome (FCAS)/familial cold urticaria (FCU) presenting with signs and symptoms beyond cold-induced urticarial skin rash.
- Tumour necrosis factor (TNF) receptor-associated periodic syndrome (TRAPS).
- Hyperimmunoglobulin D syndrome (HIDS)/mevalonate kinase deficiency (MKD).
- Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF). ILARIS should be given in combination with colchicine, if appropriate.
ILARIS is the first and only selective IL-1β inhibitor for the treatment of FMF, HIDS/MKD, TRAPS and CAPS in adults, adolescents and children aged ≥2 years1
ILARIS is a fully human monoclonal antibody that neutralises IL-1β to reduce inflammation.1
IL-1β is a proinflammatory cytokine that plays a key role in autoinflammatory diseases.1,2
Image created using information from references 1–3.
CAPS, cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes; FMF, familial Mediterranean fever; HIDS, hyperimmunoglobulin D syndrome; IL, interleukin; MKD, mevalonate kinase deficiency; TRAPS, tumour necrosis factor receptor-associated periodic syndrome.
- ILARIS® (canakinumab) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Lachmann HJ et al. Arthritis Rheum 2011;63(2):314–324.
- Lin YT et al. Autoimmun Rev 2011;10(8):482–489.