ILARIS is indicated for patients with periodic fever syndromes (PFS) and Still’s disease.1 Please see below for full indications.
Periodic fever syndromes
ILARIS is indicated for the treatment of the following autoinflammatory periodic fever syndromes in adults, adolescents and children aged 2 years and older:
- CAPS, including:
- Muckle-Wells syndrome (MWS)
- Neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID)/chronic infantile neurological, cutaneous, articular syndrome (CINCA)
- Severe forms of familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome (FCAS)/familial cold urticaria (FCU) presenting with signs and symptoms beyond cold-induced urticarial skin rash
- ILARIS should be given in combination with colchicine, if appropriate.
ILARIS is indicated for the treatment of active Still’s disease including adult-onset Still’s disease (AOSD) and systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA) in patients aged 2 years and older who have responded inadequately to previous therapy with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and systemic corticosteroids. ILARIS can be given as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate.
AOSD, adult-onset Still’s disease; CAPS, cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes; CINCA, chronic infantile neurological, cutaneous, articular syndrome; ERA, European Research Network; FCAS, familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome; FCU, familial cold urticaria; FMF, familial Mediterranean fever; HIDS, hyperimmunoglobulin D syndrome; MKD, mevalonate kinase deficiency; MWS, Muckle-Wells syndrome; NOMID, neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease; NSAID, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug; RITA, Rare Immunodeficiency, Autoinflammatory and Autoimmune Disease Network; SJIA, systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis; TRAPS, tumour necrosis factor receptor-associated periodic syndrome.
- ILARIS® (canakinumab) Summary of Product Characteristics.