Resources for HCPs to support the use of ILARIS in day-to-day practice.
ILARIS Homecare is a patient support service for NHS patients for whom the prescribing decision has been made and who are being screened prior to starting ILARIS.
The ILARIS Homecare programme is designed to make treatment even more convenient for patients by enabling their medication to be administered at home. With the programme:
- Patients have their medication delivered to their home, place of work or secondary residence
- Patients can receive a nurse visit or, where appropriate, learn to self-administer their medication, avoiding the need to visit hospital for every injection
- Patients can receive treatment with minimal disruption to their lives
- Hospital clinic capacity is released, allowing clinical teams to focus on patients who need more support or have additional needs.
ILARIS Homecare patient journey
The ILARIS Homecare programme requires a separate Service Level Agreement between the Trust and Pharmaxo. The ILARIS Homecare programme is only available for patients who have been prescribed ILARIS for CAPS, FMF, TRAPS, or HIDS/MKD.
If you would like to find out more, you can request information below and a Novartis representative will be in contact to discuss further.
*Patients or caregivers may be able to self-administer ILARIS after appropriate training.
ILARIS is indicated for the treatment of the following autoinflammatory periodic fever syndromes in adults, adolescents and children aged 2 years and older:
Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes (CAPS), including:
- Muckle-Wells syndrome (MWS)
- Neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID)/chronic infantile neurological, cutaneous, articular syndrome (CINCA)
- Severe forms of familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome (FCAS)/familial cold urticaria (FCU) presenting with signs and symptoms beyond cold-induced urticarial skin rash.
- Tumour necrosis factor (TNF) rece ptor-associated periodic syndrome (TRAPS).
- Hyperimmunoglobulin D syndrome (HIDS)/mevalonate kinase deficiency (MKD).
- Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF). ILARIS should be given in combination with colchicine, if appropriate.
HCP, healthcare professional.
- ILARIS® (canakinumab) Summary of Product Characteristics.