Resources for HCPs to support the use of ILARIS® (canakinumab) in day-to-day practice.
Watch the video below to learn how ILARIS Homecare can support you and your patients*.
The infographics below will aid you in the management of colchicine toxicity and intolerance in FMF, and the considerations you need to take when switching biologic treatments.
ILARIS switch infographics
ILARIS is indicated for the treatment of the following autoinflammatory periodic fever syndromes in adults, adolescents and children aged 2 years and older:1
- CAPS, including:
- Muckle-Wells syndrome (MWS)
- Neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID)/chronic infantile neurological, cutaneous, articular syndrome (CINCA)
- Severe forms of familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome (FCAS)/familial cold urticaria (FCU) presenting with signs and symptoms beyond cold-induced urticarial skin rash
- ILARIS should be given in combination with colchicine, if appropriate.
Ilaris is also indicated in patients who have responded inadequately to previous therapy with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and systemic corticosteroids, for the treatment of:
Still’s disease, including:
- Adult-onset Still’s disease (AOSD)
- Systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA) in patients aged 2 years and older
- ILARIS can be given as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate
AOSD, adult-onset Still’s disease; CAPS, cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes; CINCA, chronic infantile neurological, cutaneous, articular syndrome; FCAS, familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome; FCU, familial cold urticaria; FMF, familial Mediterranean fever; HIDS, hyperimmunoglobulin D syndrome; MKD, mevalonate kinase deficiency; MWS, Muckle-Wells syndrome; NOMID, neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease; NSAID, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug; SJIA, systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis; TRAPS, tumour necrosis factor receptor-associated periodic syndrome.
*If the physician determines that it is appropriate (and with medical follow-up as necessary), patients or their caregivers may inject canakinumab after proper training in the correct injection technique.
- ILARIS® (canakinumab) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Pharmaxo How We Work. Available at: https://pharmaxo.com/for-patients/how-we-work/ [Accessed October 2022].
- Pharmaxo Our Services. Available at: https://pharmaxo.com/for-patients/services/ [Accessed October 2022].
- Pharmaxo Supporting Taking Your Medicine. Available at: https://pharmaxo.com/for-patients/medicine/ [Accessed October 2022].
- Sciensus Complex Pharmacy Services. Available at: https://www.sciensus.com/our-services/complex-pharmacy-services/ [Accessed October 2022].
- Hackett, M. Homecare Medicines Towards a Vision For the Future. NHS, Department of Health. Available at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploa... [Accessed October 2022].