Cosentyx is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis (PsO) in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy; active psoriatic arthritis in adult patients, alone or in combination with MTX, when the response to previous DMARD therapy has been inadequate.
Individual patient dosing may vary – please consult the Prescribing Information for full details.
Striving to improve convenience for your patients1,5
*Compared to 2 x 150 mg PFS.
†N=37, moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis patients at Week 28.2
‡Individual patient dosing may vary – please consult the Prescribing Information for full details.
§In a clinical study, adverse events with the preferred term injection-site bruising or injection-site pain due to administration of Cosentyx using the UnoReady® pen over 52 weeks. In a randomised double blind phase 3 clinical trial, 122 subjects were randomized to secukinumab 300 mg 2 mL AI (N=41), secukinumab 300 mg 2 × 1 mL PFS (N=41), or placebo (N=40)
¶You First is for NHS patients who are receiving Cosentyx or for whom the prescribing decision has been made. A service level agreement is required for each NHS organisation participating. You First is a patient support programme developed and funded by Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited.
AI, autoinjector; AS, ankylosing spondylitis; DLQI, Dermatology Life Quality Index; IGA, Investigator’s Global Assessment; IGA mod 2011, IGA 2011 modified version; ISR, injection site reaction; NHS, National Health Service; PASI, Psoriasis Area and Severity Index; PFS, pre-filled syringe; PK, pharmacokinetic; PsA, psoriatic arthritis; PsO, moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis; SIAQ, Self-Injection Assessment Questionnaire.
- Cosentyx® Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Novartis DOF. CAIN457A2325 Data Analysis Report. Satisfaction with self-injection. December 2020.
- Sigurgeirsson B et al. Dermatol Ther 2021;e15285. doi: 10.1111/dth.15285.
- Novartis data on file. CAIN457A2325 Data Analysis Report. Injection site reaction rate. December 2020.
- Cosentyx 300 mg UnoReady pen Patient Information Leaflet.
- Cosentyx 150 mg SensoReady pen Patient Information Leaflet.
- Bissonnette R et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2018;32(9):1507–1514.
- Mease P et al. ACR Open Rheum 2020;2(1):18–25.
- Baraliakos X et al. RMD Open 2019;5(2):e001005.
- Sticherling M et al. EADV 2021. Poster 1420.
- Langley RG et al. N Engl J Med 2014;371(4):326–338.
- McInnes IB et al. Rheumatology 2017;56:1993–2003.
- Baeten D et al. N Engl J Med 2015;373(26):2534–2548.
- Deodhar A et al. Arthritis Res Ther 2019;21:111.