Cosentyx is indicated for the treatment of: moderate to severe plaque psoriasis (PsO) in adults, adolescents and children from the age of 6 years who are candidates for systemic therapy; active psoriatic arthritis in adult patients, alone or in combination with MTX, when the response to previous DMARD therapy has been inadequate; active ankylosing spondylitis in adults who have responded inadequately to conventional therapy; active non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis with objective signs of inflammation as indicated by elevated CRP and/or MRI evidence in adults who have responded inadequately to NSAIDs.
BADBIR is one of the world’s largest prospective registries for psoriasis, with over 160 hospital sites in the UK and ROI, evaluating the long-term safety and effectiveness of biologic treatments.5–7
Analysis using the BADBIR data showed that in the real-world, your psoriasis patients can achieve high levels of drug survival and skin clearance with Cosentyx.5,7
Watch now: a 2-minute summary of this data
This summary demonstrates how you can achieve long-lasting efficacy and high drug survival with Cosentyx in biologic-naïve patients over 2 years in the real world.5,7
Click here for Cosentyx®(secukinumab) prescribing information
Adapted from Bewley A et al. 2019.7
‡aPASI score of <3 reflects clear or almost clear skin, or a physician global assessment of 0–1.8
aPASI scores at 12 and 24 months were imputed using data recorded ±90 days of each time point. The fall in patient numbers between Years 1 and 2 reflects fewer patients being on treatment long enough to reach the 2-year time point.7
aPASI, absolute Psoriasis Area Severity Index; BADBIR, British Association of Dermatologists Biologic and Immunomodulators Register; CI, confidence interval; CRP, C-reactive protein; DMARD, disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs; HR, hazard ratio; MRI, magnetic resonance imaging; MTX, methotrexate; NSAIDs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; PsA, psoriatic arthritis; ROI, Republic of Ireland.
- Bissonnette R, et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2018;32:1507–1514.
- Langley RG, et al. NEJM 2014;371(4):326–338.
- Thaci D, et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2015;7(3):400–409.
- Blauvelt A, et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2017;76(1):60–69.
- Yiu ZZN, et al. Br J Dermatol 2020; 2020;183(2):294–302.
- BADBIR. Available at: http://www.badbir.org/Clinicians/Information/StudyInformation/ [Accessed November 2021].
- Bewley A, et al. Secukinumab 300 mg demonstrates high and sustained effectiveness in treating patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis: Real world evidence from the British Association of Dermatologists Biologic and Immunomodulators Register (BADBIR). Poster presented at: the 6thAnnual Practical Symposium; 8–11 August 2019; Beaver Creek, Colorado, USA.
- Amatore F, et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2019;33:464–483.