A simple interactive tool to help healthcare professionals (HCPs) have structured conversations with patients about their MS.
- Easy and quick to complete with the patient during an appointment
- Validated by MS experts1
- Supported by real-world experience2
Why is there a need for MSProDiscuss™?
Tracking MS symptoms over time can be challenging
- Subtle changes take time to recognise3
- Patient input is essential in identifying changes in MS4
- Objective assessment and structure in monitoring MS symptoms can lead to improvements in recognising the subtle signs of worsening MS5
- Earlier recognition and timely intervention may help delay disability progression and preserve functionality6
Early signs of progression can be hard to detect, and HCPs have limited time with their patients to gather information about their MS and any changes by:
Taking patient histories
Testing for changes in ability
MSProDiscuss™ can help facilitate assessment of changes in MS symptoms over time.
What is MSProDiscuss™?
A web-based tool to help HCPs have structured conversations with patients about their MS and any changes
- Weighted questions help to efficiently structure conversations with patients
- HCPs enter information into MSProDiscuss™, which then outputs a traffic light indicator that may show the likelihood of disease progression
- Used regularly in consultations, it enables MS symptoms to be tracked over time, helping to discover changes earlier
After MSProDiscuss™ has helped to facilitate the discussion with your patient, you may, within your clinical judgement, decide to make adjustments to their current level of care.
MSProDiscuss™ has been validated by 300+ HCPs in real-world practice2
In feedback collected from HCPs who used the tool with 6,974 patients with MS in daily clinical practice:
said it took 1–4 minutes to complete MSProDiscuss™ during a regular consultation
agreed the tool was useful in discussions about MS symptoms and progression with their patients
believed that it would be feasible to integrate the tool into their clinical practice and would be willing to do so
said they would recommend MSProDiscuss™ to a colleague
MSProDiscuss™ has been used in more than 33 countries worldwide2
HCP, healthcare professional; MS, multiple sclerosis; SPMS, secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Ziemssen T, et al. J Med Internet Res. 2020;22:e16932.
- Ziemssen T, et al. Int J MS Care. 2020;22:86–87.
- Katz Sand I, et al. Mult Scler. 2014;20:1654–1657.
- Inojosa H, et al. J Neurol. 2019;18:1210–1221.
- Davies F, et al. Int J MS Care. 2016;18:257–264.
- Gross HJ, Watson C. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2017;13:1349–135.
The MS Progression Discussion Tool™ is a clinician-completed tool for use by HCPs in clinical practice to assist in understanding progression and facilitate physician-patient interaction. This tool is for discussion purposes only. The tool uses information from patient symptoms and impacts experienced in the past 6 months to generate a report that complements physician discussion regarding patient progression. It was developed based on qualitative research with clinicians and patients and empirical assessments of real-world evidence. It has been pilot-tested and validated with clinicians in the real world. This tool does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, prediction, prognosis or treatment. The tool and its content is being provided for discussion purposes only. Any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment should be made in conjunction with all other available clinical information regarding the patient by the appropriate HCP. MSProDiscuss™ is owned by Novartis Pharma AG and is disseminated in the UK by Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited.