With GILENYACONNECT, a clinic will perform the required medical observations during the patient’s ﬁrst dose of GILENYA.
GILENYA’s mode of action is well understood, and there are well-characterised cardiac effects after taking the ﬁrst dose.1
To ensure a smooth initiation, our ﬁrst-dose observation clinic will carry out the necessary medical check-ups as set out in the GILENYA Summary of Product Characteristics1 and risk management plan.2
The benefits of GILENYACONNECT for patients include:
- Shorter waiting time.
- Convenient monitoring.
- First dose supported by dedicated nurse care and a range of helpful materials.
Over 3,000 patients have been supported through first-dose observation with
GILENYACONNECT is a healthcare service that is offered as a programme for patients prescribed GILENYA. It is not intended to replace the services of the patient’s NHS medical team.
Gd+: gadolinium enhancing; MRI: magnetic resonance imaging; RES: rapidly evolving severe; RRMS: relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis.
Indication: GILENYA is indicated as a single disease modifying therapy in highly active RRMS for the following groups of adult patients and paediatric patients aged 10 years and older: patients with highly active disease despite a full and adequate course of treatment with ≥1 disease modifying therapy, or patients with RES RRMS deﬁned by ≥2 disabling relapses in 1 year, and with 1 or more Gd+ lesions on brain MRI or a signiﬁcant increase in T2 lesion load as compared to a previous recent MRI.3
- Brinkmann V, et al. Nat Rev Drug Discov 2010; 9: 883-897.
- GILENYA (fingolimod) risk management plan.
- GILENYA (fingolimod) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Pamies P, et al. Poster P079 presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association of British Neurologists 20-22 May 2015, Harrogate, England.