Cosentyx is the first and only fully human targeted IL-17A inhibitor that offers fast and lasting relief from the signs and symptoms of PsA* and axSpA†‡ (AS and nr-axSpA)1–7
Cosentyx is indicated alone or in combination with methotrexate, for the treatment of active PsA in adult patients when the response to previous DMARDs has been inadequate for the treatment of active AS in adults who have responded inadequately to conventional therapy; and for the treatment of active nr-axSpA, with objective signs of inflammation, as indicated by elevated C-reactive protein and/or MRI evidence, in adults who have responded inadequately to NSAIDs
We know things have changed. That's why we want to help UK rheumatology experts to reimagine how they treat PsA and axSpA to help their patients move forward.
Interact below to find out why Cosentyx offers a complete treatment approach for PsA and axSpA (AS and nr-axSpA), now more than ever.
Take the next step
We’re here to support you with dedicated representatives up and down the country. Let us connect you with your local representative to discuss how you can get the most out of Cosentyx.
Or find out more using the links below...
*Patients with PsA receiving Cosentyx achieved significant improvement in ACR20 vs placebo at Week 24: 54% Cosentyx300 mg s.c.; 51% 150 mg s.c. vs 15% placebo P<0.0001.2 This improvement was sustained after 5 years of treatment.3
†Patients with AS receiving Cosentyx achieved significant improvement in ASAS20 vs placebo at Week 16: 61% Cosentyx 150 mg s.c. vs 28% placebo (P<0.001).5 This improvement was sustained after 5 years of treatment.6
‡Patients (NSAID-IR) with nr-axSpA receiving Cosentyx 150 mg s.c. vs placebo (N=555). Primary endpoint was met: ASAS40 at Week 16 and Week 52. ASAS40 vs placebo at Week 16: 42% Cosentyx 150 mg s.c. vs 29% placebo (P<0.05). This improvement was sustained after 1 year of treatment.7
δPatients with active AS receiving Cosentyx 150 mg (n=54 at Year 5).6
§Not limited to licensed indications.
**Across all licensed indications.
ACR, American College of Rheumatology; AS, ankylosing spondylitis; ASAS, Assessment in SpondyloArthritis international Society; axSpA, axial spondyloarthritis; BAD, British Association of Dermatologists; DMARD, disease-modifying antirheumatic drug; EULAR, European League Against Rheumatism IL, interleukin; ISR, injection site reaction; MRI, magnetic resonance imaging; NICE, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; nr-axSpA, non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis; NSAID, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug; PsA, psoriatic arthritis; PsO, plaque psoriasis; s.c. subcutaneous; TB, tuberculosis.
- Cosentyx Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3669/smpc (Accessed January 2021).
- McInnes IB et al. Lancet. 2015;386:1137–46.
- McInnes IB et al. Lancet Rheumatol. 2020;2:e227–35.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 102.
- Baeten D et al. N Engl J Med. 2015;373:2534–48.
- Marzo-Ortega H et al. Lancet Rheumatology. 2020;2:e339–46.
- Deodhar A et al. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2020 (epub ahead of print).
- Reich K et al. Br J Dermatol. 2019;181:954–66.
- Thaci D et al. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015;73:400–9.
- Baraliakos X et al. Ann Rheum Dis. 2019;78. Abstract OP0235.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 103.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 271.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 272.
- Braun J et al. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2019;58:859–68.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 305.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 306.
- Deodhar A et al. Ann Rheum Dis. 2020;79:722.
- Langley RG et al. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:326–38.
- McInnes IB et al. Lancet 2020;395:1496–505.
- Yiu Z et al. Br J Dermatol. 2020;183:294–302.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 311.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 246.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Cosentyx active, enrolling, and completed trials. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=Cosentyx&Search=Apply&recrs=b&recrs= a&recrs=f&recrs=d&recrs=e&age_v=&gndr=&type=&rslt= (Accessed January 2021).
- NICE guideline TA445. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta445/chapter/1-Recommendations (Accessed January 2021).
- NICE guideline TA407. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta407/chapter/1-Recommendations (Accessed January 2021).
- Gossec L et al. Ann Rheum Dis. 2020;79: 700–12.