Key efficacy data for LUCENTIS in the treatment of visual impairment due to DMO.
LUCENTIS: 10 years of experience in DMO*
In 2011, LUCENTIS became the first approved anti-VEGF for visual impairment due to DMO.
What has been made possible?
Ayad Al Bermani from University Hospital of Wales gave his view on the impact LUCENTIS had on the treatment landscape for DMO* patients.
LUCENTIS Treat & Extend† delivered real-world results comparable to those seen in clinical trials2,7
*LUCENTIS® 0.5 mg is indicated in adults for the treatment of visual impairment due to diabetic macular oedema (DMO).
†Once maximum VA is achieved and/or there are no signs of disease activity.
‡Equivalent to 6/12 on the Snellen Scale as the UK minimum standard for driving vision.12,13
BCVA, best-corrected visual acuity; DMO, diabetic macular oedema; PAH, Princess Alexandra Hospital; PDR, proliferative diabetic retinopathy; PRN, pro re nata; T&E, treat & extend; VA, visual acuity.
- Lucentis® Summary of Product Characteristics history.
- Dorairaj E, et al. Abstract presented at European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS), 10–12 February 2017, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Prakash PR, et al. Poster presented at The Royal College of Ophthalmology Congress 2021.
- Mitchell P, et al. PLoS ONE 2020;15(6):e0233595.
- Bressler NM, et al. JAMA Ophthalmol 2016;134(2):160–166.
- Mitchell P, et al. Ophthalmology 2011;118(4):615–625.
- Prünte C, et al. Br J Ophthalmol 2016;100:787–795.
- Lucentis® Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Elman MJ, et al. Ophthalmology 2015;122(2):375–381.
- Elman MJ, et al. Ophthalmology 2010;117(6):1064–1077.
- Elman MJ, et al. Ophthalmology 2011;118(4): 609–614.
- Driving eyesight rules. UK Government. Available at: https://www.gov.uk/driving-eyesight-rules Accessed October 2021.
- Conversion table for visual acuity. Available at: https://www.nidek-intl.com/visual_acuity.html Accessed October 2021.