Beovu posology in wet AMD.
The convenience of a pre-filled syringe1,2
- The recommended dose is 6 mg brolucizumab (0.05 ml solution) administered by intravitreal injection every 4 weeks (monthly) for the first 3 doses. Thereafter, the physician may individualise treatment intervals based on disease activity as assessed by visual acuity and/or anatomical parameters. A disease activity assessment is suggested 16 weeks (4 months) after treatment start. In patients without disease activity, treatment every 12 weeks (3 months) should be considered. In patients with disease activity, treatment every 8 weeks (2 months) should be considered. The physician may further individualise treatment intervals based on disease activity.1
- A pre-filled syringe can allow a dose to be administered in less time compared to the standard vial-dose method2*
- Beovu Risk Management Plan Summary is available at: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/rmp-summary/beovu-epar-risk-manag...
*Reference supports the concept of a pre-filled syringe treating more patients in less time, but is not specific to Beovu.
AMD, age-related macular degeneration.
- Beovu Summary of Product Characteristics, 2020.
- Souied E et al. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2015; 25: 529–534.