Anatomical outcomes with Beovu in clinical trials.
Superior retinal fluid resolution vs aflibercept1,2
- Beovu outperformed aflibercept, with significantly fewer patients with IRF and/or SRF at Weeks 16 and 481
- The difference was maintained at Week 962
Early superior CST reductions vs aflibercept1,2
- Beovu outperformed aflibercept with superior CST reductions at Week 16, with similar results observed at Week 481*
- The difference was maintained at Week 96 (p=0.0115 in HAWK, p<0.0001 in HARRIER)2†
The primary efficacy endpoint in both studies was non-inferiority in mean BCVA change from baseline to Week 48 as measured by ETDRS. The primary endpoint was met in both studies.1
*Secondary endpoint in HAWK and HARRIER, confirmatory analysis in HAWK only (1-sided p values for superiority of Beovu).1,2
†Secondary endpoints in HAWK and HARRIER; 2-sided p values.1
BCVA, best corrected visual acuity; CST, central subfield thickness; ETDRS, Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study; IRF, intraretinal fluid; LS, least squares; SRF, subretinal fluid.
- Dugel PU et al. Ophthalmology. 2020; 127: 72–84.
- Novartis data on file. BRODOF20-001 Core Data Sheet.