Tafinlar (dabrafenib) + Mekinist (trametinib) in the adjuvant setting showed a long-term adverse event profile consistent with the metastatic setting1
- 321 out of 435 patients (74%) in the combination arm completed 12 months of therapy1
- Less than one third of the patients discontinued treatment because of an adverse event1
- The peak onset of all AEs occurring in ≥15% of patients in the Tafinlar + Mekinist arm occurred within the first 3 months of treatment2
- Frequencies of dose reductions or dose interruptions decreased as duration of treatment increased2
AE safety data from the COMBI-AD trial1,3
In the adjuvant treatment of patients with Stage III melanoma, following complete resection:
- 95% of pyrexia was grade 1 or 21
- Patients with serious non-infectious febrile events responded well to dose interruption and/or dose reduction and supportive care4
Common AEs (>20%) from the COMBI-AD trial1
AE, adverse event; SAE, serious adverse event.
- Long GV et al. N Engl J Med 2017;377:1813–1823.
- Atkinson V et al. Presented at ESMO 2018; 19–23 October, Munich, Germany.
- Hauschild A et al. Presented at ESMO 2017 ; 08-12 September, Madrid, Spain.
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib) Summary of Product Characteristics.