Support with metaboliser status genotyping prior to MAYZENT initiation.
Determining the metaboliser status of patients is the first step when prescribing MAYZENT1
- MAYZENT is mainly metabolised by the CYP2C9 metaboliser
- Genotype test to identify specific variants of CYP2C9, the principal enzyme that metabolises MAYZENT. Certain genotype variants of this enzyme metabolise MAYZENT more slowly than others
– required to determine suitability for MAYZENT and the appropriate maintenance dose
- Patients with the CYP2C9*1/*3 or CYP2C9*2/*3 genotype should be prescibed 1 mg/day to avoid increased exposure to MAYZENT
MayzentConnect will help you to determine the metaboliser status of your patient and, if appropriate, to proceed and choose the appropriate dose.
We can provide you with:
- The appropriate packaging and postage that is compliant with UK regulations to send the sample to Viapath Analytics LLP
- Laboratory services to determine the CYP2C9 variation of each patient. The results will be sent back to you within 7 working days, from when Viapath Analytics LLP receive the sample
Indication: MAYZENT is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with SPMS with active disease evidenced by relapses or imaging features of inflammatory activity.1
SPMS, secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- MAYZENT Summary of Product Characteristics. January 2021.
- Scott SA et al. Pharmacogenomics. 2010;11(6):781‒791.
- Kirchheiner J and Brockmoller J. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005;77(1):1‒16.
- Gaikwad T et al. Thromb Res. 2014;134(3):537‒544.