KESIMPTA is the first and only self-administered once-monthly (20 mg), subcutaneous (SC) B-cell therapy for relapsing forms of MS (RMS)*1
KESIMPTA is intended for patient self-administration with initial guidance from a healthcare professional (HCP).
KESIMPTA provides flexibility for your patients and your practice
B cell therapy that is easy to manage: simple, once-monthly dosing after the initial dosing period1
The first injection of KESIMPTA should be performed under
the guidance of an appropriately trained HCP.
Self-administered subcutaneously with the Sensoready® pen
No drug monitoring, hospitalisation or premedication requirement
Additional dosing information1
- No dose modifications expected for patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- If a dose is missed, administer as soon as possible without waiting until the next scheduled dose; subsequent dose should be administered at the recommended intervals
Adults over 55 years old
- No studies have been performed in MS patients over 55 years old. Based on the limited data available, no dose adjustment is considered necessary in patients over 55 years old.
- The safety and efficacy of KESIMPTA in children aged 0 to 18 years have not yet been established. No data are available.
HCP=healthcare professional; MS=multiple sclerosis.
KESIMPTA storage guidance1
- Keep KESIMPTA in its outer carton in order to protect from light
- Store in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze
The Sensoready® pen is easy-to-use and preferred by MS patients and nurses over their current device*†‡2
Nurse and patient preferences for using the Sensoready® pen vs other MS disease-modifying therapy (DMT) autoinjectors were investigated in a multicentre survey*§2
79% of MS patients stated ‘easy to perform injection’ with the Sensoready autoinjector
MS nurses scored the Sensoready autoinjector 9.3/10 for “Patient able to use independently” vs other autoinjectors
84% of participants preferred the Sensoready autoinjector to their current device
Please reach out to your Novartis Key Account Manager or hit the ‘contact’ button on the right-hand side to request a KESIMPTA demonstration kit.
DMT=disease-modifying therapy; MS=multiple sclerosis.
*Based on a survey of 80 MS patients and 50 MS nurses. Comparison autoinjector pens included Rebismart®, Rebidose®, Avonex Pen®, Autoject® 2, YpsoMate®and Plegridy Pen®.
†84% of participants preferred the Sensoready® autoinjector over other MS DMT autoinjectors*, 79% of patients stated ‘easy to perform self-injection’ with the Sensoready® autoinjector.
‡KESIMPTA is intended for patient self-administration with initial guidance from a healthcare professional.
§The survey was conducted in two phases – central location pilots (Germany) followed by face-to-face semi-structured in-field interviews across the USA, Germany, France, and Italy.
HCP=healthcare professional; RMS=relapsing forms of MS; SC=subcutaneous.
- KESIMPTA [Summary of Product Characteristics]. Basel, Switzerland: Novartis AG; April 2021.
- Perrin Ross A, Besser C, Naval S, et al. Patient and Nurse Preferences for the Sensoready® Autoinjector Pen Versus Other Autoinjectors in Multiple Sclerosis: Results From a Multicenter Survey [Poster P210]. Poster presented at: ACTRIMS Forum 2021; 25–27 February 2021.