Read more about what types of patients could benefit from GILENYA®▼ (ﬁngolimod) treatment.
GILENYA is indicated as single disease modifying therapy in highly-active relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis for the following adult patient groups and paediatric patients aged 10 years and older*:
Patients with highly active disease despite a full and adequate course of treatment with at least 1 disease modifying therapy
Patients with rapidly evolving severe relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis defined by:
- 2 or more disabling relapses in one year
- with 1 or more Gd+ lesions on brain MRI or a significant increase in T2 lesion load as compared to a previous recent MRI
*The safety and efficacy of GILENYA in children aged below 10 years have not been established. No data are available. There are very limited data available in children between 10 and 12 years old.
What you want for your patients:
ARR, annualised relapse rate; DMT, disease modifying therapy; EDSS, expanded disability status scale; Gd+, gadolinium-enhancing; MRI, magnetic resonance imaging.
- Novartis data on file.
- GILENYA (fingolimod) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Giovannoni G et al. Mult Scler Relat Disord 2016;9:S5–S49.
- MS Trust. Childhood MS. Available at: www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/childhood-ms. Accessed September 2020.
- Gorman MP et al. Arch Neurol 2009;66(1):54–59.