Safety outcomes with GILENYA in real-world clinical practice.
GILENYA has a well-established safety profile2-5
Long-term and real-world evidence in adults with HA RRMS has reported similar adverse event rates to pivotal trials.2-5
GILENYA is well tolerated2
More than 96% of patients and physicians reported good/very good tolerability over 5 years in the real-world PANGAEA study in adults.2
Figure adapted from Ziemssen T, et al. 2017.2
Poster presented at AAN 2017. Data from PANGAEA, a real-world non-interventional study. A total of 4,052 adult patients documented up to 60 months at 342 sites were included in this analysis.2
GILENYA is well tolerated after first-dose administration6,7
Monitoring is conducted as a precautionary measure; first-dose effects are rare.6,7
99% of adult patients continue past the first dose on GILENYA.6,7
Based on data from Limmroth V, et al. 20166 and Hughes B, et al. 2014.7
‡No patients required medication due to bradycardia.
¶Symptomatic events were typically mild or moderate in severity; all resolved spontaneously without intervention while continuing treatment with GILENYA.
§Three patients returned for extended observation on day 2.
EPOC: Evaluate Patient OutComes; Gd+: gadolinium enhancing; MRI: magnetic resonance imaging; RES: rapidly evolving severe; RRMS: relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis; START, STudy to vAlidate telemetRic ECG systems for firsT dose administration of fingolimod.
Indication: GILENYA is indicated as a single disease modifying therapy in highly active RRMS for the following groups of adult patients and paediatric patients aged 10 years and older: patients with highly active disease despite a full and adequate course of treatment with ≥1 disease modifying therapy, or patients with RES RRMS deﬁned by ≥2 disabling relapses in 1 year, and with 1 or more Gd+ lesions on brain MRI or a signiﬁcant increase in T2 lesion load as compared to a previous recent MRI.8
- Novartis press release, September 12, 2018. Available at: https://www.novartis.com/news/media-releases/novartis-announces-nejm-publication-landmark-paradigms-study-demonstrating-significant-benefit-gilenya-children-and-adolescents-ms. Last accessed August 2019.
- Ziemssen T, et al. Poster P5.365 presented at the 69th AAN Meeting, 22-28 April 2017, Boston, MA, USA.
- Kappos L, et al. Neurology 2015; 84: 1-10.
- Kappos L, et al. Mult Scler Relat Disord 2014; 3: 494-504.
- Cohen JA, et al. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2016; 87(5): 468-475.
- Limmroth V, et al. Poster P12128 presented at the 2nd EAN Congress, 28-31 May 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Hughes B, et al. Mult Scler Relat Disord 2014; 3(5): 620-628.
- GILENYA (ﬁngolimod) Summary of Product Characteristics.