Aimovig is indicated for prophylaxis of migraine in adults who have at least 4 migraine days per month.1
Aimovig offers convenient administration every four weeks, with no loading dose1
After proper training, Aimovig can be self-administered at home by subcutaneous injection using an auto-injector or a pre-filled syringe.1
Aimovig can be administered as a 70 mg or 140 mg dose every 4 weeks1
A 70 mg dose is administered as one 70 mg single-use, pre-filled pen. A 140 mg dose is administered as either one 140 mg single-use pen or two 70 mg single-use pens, one after the other1
No loading dose1
No effect on exposure to co-administered medical products expected1
- No interaction with oral contraceptives (ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate) or sumatriptan was observed in the studies with health volunteers1
No contraindications other than hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients of Aimovig1
Things you need to know about the Aimovig autoinjector pen2
- Injecting Aimovig takes about 15 seconds
- The needle is hidden inside the safety guard
- It must be stored in the refrigerator (at 2–8°C) in the original carton to protect it from light
- Aimovig pens must not be shaken or frozen
- Once out of the refrigerator, it should be kept at room temperature (up to 25°C) in the original carton, and it must be used within 7 days
- Throw it away if it has been at room temperature for more than 7 days
- Leave the pen at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before injecting
Aimovig injection training video
Watch this injection video for guidance on how to administer Aimovig.
- Aimovig® (erenumab) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Aimovig® (erenumab) Package leaflet: Information for the user.