Start with Tasigna to help achieve long-term treatment success1,2
For the treatment of Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myelogenous leukaemia (Ph+ CML).1,2
Tasigna is indicated for the treatment of:
- Adult and paediatric patients with newly diagnosed Ph+ CML in the chronic phase
- Adult patients with chronic phase and accelerated phase Ph+ CML with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy including imatinib▼. Efficacy data in patients with CML in blast crisis are not available
- Paediatric patients with Ph+ CML in chronic phase with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy including imatinib1,2
What is Tasigna?
Tasigna is an oral, twice-daily potent inhibitor of the ABL tyrosine kinase activity of the BCR-ABL oncoprotein. In cell lines and in primary Ph+ leukaemia cells Tasigna selectively inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis.1,2
- In the ENESTnd study, patients treated with Tasigna experienced higher response rates than those treated with imatinib, and Tasigna demonstrated superior efficacy vs imatinib3–5
- In a post hoc analysis more patients achieved early molecular response* with Tasigna than imatinib, a predictor of long-term benefits6,7
- More than half of patients achieved MR4.5 by 5 years with Tasigna vs a third treated first line with imatinib1,2,8
- >99% of all patients treated with Tasigna did not progress to AP/BC†8
- In patients who achieved sustained MR4.5 on Tasigna and entered TFR, more than 50% remained in TFR1,2
- Tasigna has a well-established tolerability and consistent safety profile1,2,9
* EMR is defined as BCR-ABL1 ≤10% at 3 months.9
† In patients who remained on core treatment during the ENESTnd study.8
AP, accelerated phase; BC, blast crisis; CML, chronic myeloid leukaemia; CP, chronic phase; EMR, early molecular response; ENESTnd, Evaluating Nilotinib Efficacy and Safety in Clinical Trials–Newly Diagnosed Patients; MR4.5, molecular response 4.5; Ph+, Philadelphia chromosome positive; TFR, treatment-free remission.
- Tasigna® (nilotinib 200 mg and 50 mg) Summary of Product Characteristics. 2022.
- Tasigna® (nilotinib 150 mg) Summary of Product Characteristics. 2022.
- Saglio G, et al. N Engl J Med. 2010;362(24):2251–2259.
- Kantarjian HM, et al. Lancet Oncol. 2011;12(9):841–851.
- Larson RA, et al. Leukemia. 2012;26(1):2197–2203.
- Hughes TP, et al. Blood. 2014;123(9):1353–1360.
- Marin D, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(3):232–238.
- Hochhaus A, et al. Leukemia. 2016;30(5):1044–1054.
- Larson RA, et al. Blood. 2014;124(21):4541.