Patients with MF aren’t receiving the relief they need when they need it1
Real-world insights show that 1 in 3 patients with MF who may be experiencing symptoms are on ‘watch and wait’.*1
In the REALISM UK study, watch and wait was the most commonly used overall management strategy for patients with MF (34%), followed by JAKAVI® (29%) and hydroxycarbamide (17%).*†1
1 in 2 patients with intermediate-2 or high-risk MF, or patients presenting with symptomatic disease failed to receive active treatment as an initial management strategy.*1
JAKAVI® is indicated for the treatment of disease-related splenomegaly or symptoms in adult patients with primary myelofibrosis (also known as chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis), post polycythaemia vera myelofibrosis or post essential thrombocythaemia myelofibrosis. JAKAVI® is also indicated for adult patients with polycythaemia vera who are resistant to or intolerant of hydroxyurea.10
* Data from patients with MF analysed in the REALISM UK study (N=200).1
† Patients were managed by more than one strategy at any given time.1
IPSS, International Prognostic Scoring System; JAK, janus kinase; MF, myelofibrosis; QoL, quality of life.
- Mead A, et al. ASH 2019, 7–10 December; Florida, USA. Poster P-1671.
- Mesa R, et al. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:167.
- Vannucchi A, et al. Haematologica. 2015;100:1139–1145.
- Vannucchi A, et al. Ann Oncol. 2015;26:v85–99.
- Scottish Medicines Consortium. Ruxolitinib (as phosphate), 5 mg, 15 mg, & 20 mg tablets (JAKAVI®). SMC No 867/13, 2015. Available at: https://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/media/2277/ruxolitinib_JAKAVI_final.... Last accessed April 2021.
- Verstovsek S, et al. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:799–807.
- Harrison C, et al. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:787–798.
- Reilly J, et al. Br J Haematol. 2014;167:418–438.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Technology appraisal guidance [TA386]. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta386. Last accessed April 2021.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd. JAKAVI® summary of product characteristics.