The first and only fully human IL-17A inhibitor:1
Cosentyx patients treated since launch2*
as a first-line biologic for patients with PsO, with or without PsA3
from BADBIR, one of the largest psoriasis registers in the world4
Helping your patients LOOK BETTER, MOVE BETTER, FEEL BETTER5–9
*Worldwide, across all licensed indications.2
†n=167. CLEAR study: Efficacy data reported as non-responder imputation, in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis. Primary endpoint was met: Superiority of secukinumab to ustekinumab in achieving PASI 90 response at week 16 in overall patient population (P<0.0001).7
‡n=122. Patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, who completed 52 weeks of the SCULPTURE study, could enter this extension study, which was double-blind until Year 3, and thereafter was unblinded to Year 5. Efficacy data were reported as observed; no P values were reported.5
**In PsA patients who have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis and/or are anti-TNF inadequate responders, the recommended dose of Cosentyx is 300 mg; in all other PsA patients the recommended initial dose is 150 mg – this may be increased to 300 mg based on clinical response.1
§n=53/74 and n=39/74 respectively. FUTURE 1: Primary endpoint was met: ACR 20 response at week 24, in overall patient population (P<0.001).12 Those patients who completed the 2-year core trial entered the 3-year extension study (N=236). Efficacy data were reported as observed.8
ACR, American College of Rheumatology criteria; AS, ankylosing spondylitis; BAD, British Association of Dermatologists; BADBIR, British Association of Dermatologists Biologic and Immunomodulators Register; DMARD, disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug; IL, interleukin; MTX, methotrexate; PASI, psoriasis area severity index; PsA, psoriatic arthritis; PsO, plaque psoriasis; QoL, quality of life, TNF, tumour necrosis factor alpha.
- Cosentyx Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 244.
- Smith CH et al. Br J Dermatol 2020; doi:10.1111/bjd.19039.
- Yiu et al. Br J Dermatol 2020; doi:10.1111/bjd.18981.
- Bissonnette R et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2018;32:1507–1514.
- Langley RG et al. N Engl J Med 2014;371(4):326–338.
- Thaci D et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2015;7(3):400–409.
- Mease PJ et al. ACR Open Rheumatology 2020;2(1):18–25.
- Baraliakos X et al. RMD Open 2019;5(2):e001005.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 215.
- Rheumatology DOF UK 243.
- Mease PJ, et al. N Engl J Med. 2015 Oct;373:1329–39.