LEQVIO® is recommended by NICE4
In clinical trials, LEQVIO® had a safety profile similar to placebo, apart from injection-site reactions2,3
The effect of LEQVIO® on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not yet been determined.1,2
*After an initial dose, LEQVIO® is administered again at 3 months, followed by every 6 months.2,3
†(79.4%). Orion 8 (n=3,274) assessed the long-term efficacy and safety of LEQVIO® in patients who entered an open-label extension after completing either ORION-3, ORION-9, ORION-10 or ORION-11 trials. Patients had a baseline LDL-C of 2.92 mmol/L (± 1.2) and the primary endpoints were the proportion of patients achieving pre-specified LDL-C goals at end of study, and safety. Mean cumulative exposure to LEQVIO® in ORION-8 was 3.7 years with a maximum of 6.8 years.1
‡National CVDPREVENT data covering the period up to March 2022. Data was received from 96.6% of GP practices, including approximately 18 million patients.5
ASCVD, atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease; GP, general practioner; LDL-C, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol; QOF, Quality and Outcomes Framework.
- Wright RS, et al. Oral presentation. ORION-8: Long-term efficacy and safety of twice-yearly inclisiran in high cardiovascular risk patients. ESC Congress 2023. Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 25–28 August 2023.
- LEQVIO® Great Britain. Summary of Product Characteristics.
- LEQVIO® Northern Ireland. Summary of Product Characteristics.
- National Institute for Care and Excellence. Inclisiran for treating primary hypercholesterolaemia or mixed dyslipidaemia. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta733/resources/inclisiran-for-treating-primary-hypercholesterolaemia-or-mixed-dyslipidaemia- pdf-82611252825541 [Accessed October 2023].
- Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership. https://www.hqip.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Ref-376-CVDPREVENT-Th... [Accessed October 2023].
- Raal FJ, et al. N Engl J Med 2020;382:1520–1530.
- Ray KK, et al. N Engl J Med 2020;382:1507–1519.
- Ray KK, et al. Eur Heart J 2022;43(48):5047–5057.
LEQVIO® and the LEQVIO® logo are registered trademarks of Novartis AG. Licensed from Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.